Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dutch Oven Bread - Swirled, with pictures

This morning, I got up and decided to make the swirled bread again, but this time to keep it away from the dog. I also decided to take more pictures. The only difference was that I didn't add any molasses this time, because I couldn't find it. Other than that, it was the same.


Here's the bread dough, after it's been risen, rolled, and proofed. The coals are already on the lid, pre-heating, and it's almost ready to go. The richness of the two colors were much clearer this time.



Like I've said before, I don't bake based on numbers of coals for a certain length of time. I do the coals for approximately 350-400 degrees, and then I just bake until the internal temperature is about 190-200.



Once it has cooled, then it's time to slice it up and eat! Here, you can see the multi-color in the swirl. It was yummy, even though it wasn't as sweet (no molasses). I loved it, and so did my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails